The LAM roller mill was manufactured from the late 80’s to early 2000’s by OCRIM s.p.a. in Cremona, Italy, in various versions. Unique with it’s single-casted frame, it stood out from the competition with its advanced automatic milling operation, high-output capacities, and unique high-speed rolls offering optimum levels of adjustment.
The LAM was produced with operating features ahead of its time. These features included:
- A servo pneumatically adjusted feed gate controlling feed rate
- Pneumatic engagement/disengagement of grinding rolls via pneumatic cylinder synced with the actuating of the feed rolls.
- Each side of the machine can be driven independently of each other.
- The feed system operates in three different settings: automatic, continuous, and disengaged.
- Optionally, the roll gap could be electronically controlled by the built-in operator keyboard or by the central automation system.
- Ocrim’s automation system allowed for the automatic setting for recipes or roll regulation based on break extraction.
Mechanically these machines have proven to be extremely reliable work horses, and are well appreciated by the millers that use them.
Unfortunately, with advancements in modern-day technology, aging, and mechanical wear, many of the LAM’s features have become outdated or unreliable. To resolve this issue, CETEC has developed a conversion kit, to update the LAM to 21st century electronics and onboard components. These updates include a touch screen control interface, variable speed electric gear motors, infrared-based feed sensors, and a PLC panel to replace the old control system.
CETEC produces kits for all the different versions of the LAM, including the pneumatic, electronic, and double-high machines.
Why the CETEC conversion kit?
The CETEC developed LAM conversion kit is designed by millers, for millers. Its components are top quality, reliable and durable. The kit is simple to install, coming largely pre-wired with rated dust proof quick connect plugs to facilitate installation.
The kit is installable on a rollermill in 4 – 6 hours, depending on experience. CETEC technicians can help in the first (or all) installations, and train mill maintenance staff to perform the kit installation on maintenance days.
- Readily available spare parts
- Extends life of existing capital equipment
- All components fit within existing machine
- Allen Bradley or Siemens PLC
- Touch screen user interface
- SEW feed roll gear motors
- Custom fabricated control panels
- IR feed sensor
- Onboard variable frequency drives
- Ethernet ready for mill integration
- Remote access via internet/html
- Stand alone operation or plant integrated